Friday, August 31, 2012

10K

Yesterday I took a rest day. I was supposed to cross-train, but I didn't feel well at all. I had a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes and felt really fatigued. I decided with the race so close (10 days from yesterday!) that I should rest instead of pushing it.

Good decision, I think, because I feel better today. We did attend the Utah football game last night, but it was early enough (5:15 pm kickoff) that I could get to bed at a reasonable hour. Plus it was a pleasure watching the (expected) 41-0 manhandling of U of Northern Colorado :). I'm sure it will be much more challenging vs. the Pac12 teams than the Big Sky though, so we'll see how we do against a serious opponent.




This morning I had 10K to do, and though I felt better than yesterday, I still didn't feel great and wondered how it would go. Turns out I needn't have worried. I was pretty fast, and felt strong the whole time. My hip started to niggle a tiny bit around 6km, but then it stopped after I tweaked my technique a little, making sure I was landing straight on my right foot rather than with it turned out. Hopefully that is the fix? That plus rest before the big race should keep the pain at bay, I hope.

Total: 1:00:20 for 10km for 6:02/km with ave HR 150.

Garmin data here.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

You had better weather than I'll have. Isaac will be passing through around gametime. :)

Tammy said...

Yeah, I forgot to post about the weather. It was the usual...warm...ugh. 72F and humidish. It's overcast now and threatening thunderstorms at 4 pm. It DID thunderstorm last night during the game but it was brief and not too bad.

The usual low here this time of year is 61F, so 72F is just crazy. Enough already!