Monday, March 28, 2011

cross-training

Today was an optional day, but I'm feeling good, so I decided to do some spinning and weight training. The spinning class was quite good, as usual. I pushed hard but not too hard - my HR was 155-160 in the harder segments but not higher. I want to save some energy for tomorrow's 5K fartlek.

Weight training: bench press (30 lb ea arm)/L foot PT dyna disk w/ball throws; calf raises (one-legged, body weight, 15)/lat pull-down (70 lb); lateral raises (10 lb ea arm)/lunges on dyna disk 15 each leg (foot PT); one-legged dead lifts 35 lb/tricep skull-crushers 12 lb ea arm. As you can see, I'm doing some foot PT. My left foot is ever-so-slightly achy and I want to stave off problems. I've been focusing on my RW form, too. Let's hope it stays manageable. I think it will.

No comments: