Wednesday, March 30, 2011

10K

Today was a recovery 10K. It actually felt fairly hard. My glutes and hamstrings were tired from yesterday - probably from the combination of the 5K fartlek and the Pilates. Anyway, my pace was erratic, and I had to really work to keep 6:30/km after about 4km or so. Oh well, at least it's done. Hopefully I haven't worked so hard that I have nothing left for the 15K tomorrow. Well, whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger, right?

Oh, and it was 1:04:30 for 10K for 6:26/km with ave HR 151.

Garmin connect data here.

***

I was late to the gym for weight training, and also had to renew my membership. It's actually a bargain - $269/year (University of Utah discount price) for a gold pass, which lets me work out at any of the county facilities and also allows me to take unlimited classes - Pilates, spinning, etc. Anyway, by the time I started I didn't have that much time left to work out. My foot was definitely achy after this morning's 10K, so I made sure to do some PT exercises: balance on the dyna disk w/medicine ball toss against the wall, calf raises. I also did one-legged squats (body weight only), hip hikes (for abductors to ward off IT band problems), and some tricep dips. Then some core stuff w/Lisa: plank w/feet on foam roller (learned that in Pilates!), sit-ups on ball, hip-ups, heel touchers (for obliques). Stretching...ahhhhh....my poor hamstrings!

No comments: