Tuesday, March 29, 2011

5K fartlek

It was cold this morning, for the end of March. 28F (-2C) and it was windy, too. Almost windy enough to affect my times, but overall I don't think it was a factor.

I hit the track for this workout. The running club was there, but I got there late enough that by the time I did my 1600m warm-up in 10:09 (not bad!) and some dynamic flexibility drills, they were cooling down, and left lane 1 open for me.

This workout went pretty well. I gave it my all, and was pretty consistent from start to finish. I hit 3K in 17:53 or so, which is 9 seconds better than last week, and then I went on to do 2 more km. I'm improving, but now it's going to be a fight for each 10-15 seconds. It's going to take a while and I have to be patient. I have 3+ more months so hopefully I'll be ready by then.

Here are my 500m splits (rounded UP manually, since the watch rounds down on the Garmin connect website):

2:52, 2:53 fast
3:11 medium
2:53 fast
3:14 medium
2:52 fast
3:15 medium
2:54 fast
3:16 medium
2:53 fast

Total 30:12. Wow, that was a seriously consistent workout.

My foot felt fine this morning. Yay! Hopefully it will feel good the rest of the day as well.

I'm planning on Pilates tonight. I'm going to do all I can to be in the best shape ever. That's all I can do - work hard, and the rest is not up to me. My body will do what it's capable of.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: