Wednesday, April 08, 2009

if it's not one thing, it's another

Yeah, my IT band is better, which is GREAT. But, now my right hip is really bugging me - I think it's my piriformis. The good news is that I can walk even when it hurts, unlike the IT band which hurt too much to continue. The bad news is that I think I'll really have to rest it for it to feel much better, and that's not happening before the SLC marathon. However, I can get by as is, and the pain isn't that bad - it's more discomfort, eased by stretching and massage. If it's not better in a little while, I will probably make another PT appointment. Yes, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Despite that, I did Liberty Park yesterday (3.9 miles) in 40:58 for 10:28/mile, nice & speedy. Today I did an easy warm-up for weight training, and did 1.5 miles in the usual, about 15:55, for 10:31/mile. Then I made sure to do a bunch of hip exercises, and got in some serious abs and stretching too.

I know my posting has been a bit sparse of late... I usually put up pictures of the kids and stuff, but I just haven't been in the mood to post a lot recently. I'm feeling fine, but just trying to read more books and do other stuff, like cleaning my house! Speaking of that, duty calls...

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Piriformis: keep on it; this can dog you for a very long time. The good news is that slower walking tends to not inflame it.