Wednesday, April 15, 2009

At least it's not supposed to do this on Saturday

 
Um, yes, that is snow. We are supposed to get a couple inches tonight (it will get colder though questionable as to how much it will stick to the roads) and a few more tomorrow. Right now (10 min after this photo) it's snowing even harder - huge fast flakes - should have waited to take the picture. Oh well.

Thankfully, the forecast for Saturday is for sun :). It might be a bit chilly at the start (30s) but if it's sunny and not too windy I'll be happy!

Today I did some cross-training and no weights. Cutting strength training way back before a good long effort seems to work well for me. Also, with my right piriformis bugging me, I wanted to really take it easy. I did 35 min on the exercise bike at my weight training class, followed by the usual abs routine w/the class, and stretching. Tomorrow I will probably do a little speed work (short, but fast, like Tuesday maybe) and then Friday a couple easy miles - no weights. That should do. Really, I'm coaching not doing the race for time, so it won't be a hard effort but it's going to be LONG - I will be out there a long time on my feet, and I think taking it easy this week and extra cross-training makes sense.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol! I guess I shouldn't tell you that I wore capris tonight for my workout and was too hot! I should have had shorts on! ;)

Yep, taking it a tad easy is probably a good thing. You're getting a ton of mileage in, with even more to come!