Thursday, June 19, 2014

cross-training; 6K

Yesterday: 25 min on stationary bike, then rode bike with kids to Club U, then rode up the hill to work.

Today: 6K racewalking :)! Felt good. Nice weather this morning after the rain and cold; it was still chilly for June at 48F (~9C) but I felt good in my capris and long-sleeved shirt. Didn't wear gloves and that was OK. Brought the dog, and she enjoyed it :).

Today was good - no weird soreness and finished my walk in good form and feeling decent. Happy!

Total time 38:06 for 6:21/km with ave HR 142.

Garmin data here.

Edited to add: after this I rode my bike to work. Probably shouldn't have risked it, but I'm feeling better and the weather is so lovely that I couldn't resist. I feel good now (lunch time) with no weird soreness at all, so I think that it was a risk worth taking.

***

Now if only I could keep my eating under control. After a good start to the week, Tuesday and Wednesday were not good :(. Grrrrrrrrrr. Am thinking I might start e-mailing Kelly my food for each day, so that I have some accountability. Not sure that will help, but I don't know…have to do something. I thought being able to train again and focusing on Portland-to-Coast would help, but so far I have not managed to get back in the mental groove. I know one thing: I do not want to show up and be a drag on my team! So I have to figure this out.

***

Had breakfast with my dad this morning for Father's Day (delayed), and really enjoyed it. I like seeing dad first thing in the morning, when we are both at our best for the day. Good times. It's not easy to pencil into my busy schedule but it's worth it. :)

No comments: