Saturday, June 21, 2014

10K

Yesterday: 30 min elliptical; my legs felt tired and a bit heavy. I fell asleep on the couch at about 8:30 pm, and Loren tried in vain to wake me up, so I slept there until 3 am, when I woke and moved to bed. I slept in (well, for me…) until 7 am! I guess I was tired.

Today: I lounged around a bit and then remembered that I had to check on Grace, because she had a fever last night. I went into her room and checked her, and she had a 104.6 fever! Eeeeek! She felt really hot and looked like she was miserable. I gave her acetaminophen and ibuprofen, and put her downstairs with Loren so he could keep an eye on her. We thought maybe we should take her to urgent care, but I wanted to racewalk first. I asked Loren if he thought that'd be OK, and he said it was fine, so I grabbed the dog and went out the door.

Ugh! It was warm and a bit sticky (for here…midwest and east coast friends can laugh now haha) at 73F and 38% humidity. It was very pleasant if one was not racewalking, but I worked up a sweat very quickly. The other thing you have to remember is that I'm not used to even slightly warm weather at this point. So yeah, it was sweaty. And sticky.

I did 4km then looped back to close to our house to pick up Calvin, who wanted to do 6K with me. I didn't feel great this morning - I definitely had heavy legs and felt tired the whole time; it was one of those days where you know you are just not 100%. But the good news is that I had none NONE NONE of the weird soreness either during or after the 10K.

Calvin and I stopped briefly in Liberty Park to admire the British car show going on there - lots of cool antique cars, but it was $5 for adults and I had no money, so we kept going with our workout. I was definitely feeling it coming back around the park's south side and up the small incline towards home. But I finished pretty strong and was pleased with my time, considering that I didn't feel that great.

Time: 1:04:55 for 6:29/km with ave HR 147. Garmin data here.

I was glad I'd brought my anti-chafe stuff, because I chafed a lot. Ughhhhhh humidity. And must lose weight. Must get back in shape.

No comments: