Monday, June 09, 2014

5K

This morning I did 5K. I felt OK beforehand, but in retrospect, I shouldn't have done it. It's hard to know how you really feel sometimes until you try to work out. Most of the time you feel better afterward; sometimes you feel worse. Today was one of the latter times.

There wasn't much of the weird soreness - no, I just had general overall fatigue. Pressing fatigue. Killing fatigue. I was slow, too. I did the 5K at 6:42/km pace (! slow !) and felt rather rotten when done. Bad enough that I emailed work and didn't go in. Bad enough that I slept 3.5 hours during the middle of the day. I felt better after my nap, but not great. I managed to make dinner and drag kids to swim lessons and do a load of laundry, but now I'm exhausted. Oh yeah, and coughing a lot. I seem to have gotten the family virus that has made Grace, then Loren, then Calvin all sicker than dogs.

Hoping I'll feel better in the morning.

No comments: