Thursday, January 23, 2014

sludge 8K

I felt pretty good when I woke up, other than being quite tired because I didn't sleep well. My legs felt good and I figured the 8K would go OK. But my feet might as well have been in sludge today. That's how slow I was going. I worked hard on my technique, for all that mattered. The only thing I can figure is that my legs were very tired, despite the fact that they didn't FEEL that tired. I dunno. It was discouraging. On the up side, at least I can racewalk, and I have been eating better this week.

The only way I kept going at several points was remembering that I signed up to do the Canyonlands 1/2 with my friend Sarah on March 15. If I'm going to do that, I have to train. I want to have fun there, and feel strong and good, not crappy. That is only going to happen if I work through this. Still, it took a lot of mental energy to keep going.

Total time: slowest 8K in years, at 54:49 for 6:51/km with a low average HR of 139. Like I said, my legs were sludge and I couldn't get my HR up because of that, I think.

This is just hard. But what is the alternative? Certainly not good...

Garmin data here. 

No comments: