Thursday, January 16, 2014

slower to be faster

Technique work today after a chat with my coach online about what to do about my piriformis pain. Honestly, I know I need to fix a few things that have gotten lazy with all the time off etc. Coach said to work on posture and foot placement. I did just that, and felt like things were much improved. My piriformis still ached a bit, but I think it will take a day or two to settle down completely.

The bad side? I was a lot slower as I worked on that stuff. I only did 6:30/km for 51:59 total, with ave HR 146. The good? I felt smoother and felt less pain. Edited to add: 8K total (this is obvious if you calculate it, but nicer to have it down here for easy reference).

Mentally I was a bit better today, but I started off a bit down and had to remind myself that it is going to take a long time to get back where I was. Baby steps. Easy and slow. Keep going. One foot in front of the other.

Garmin data here.

No comments: