Monday, April 23, 2012

rest day; cross training

Yesterday I took a rest day. Ahhhhhh. My muscles were quite sore, including my abs. I was glad to have a day off, and the weather was beautiful - warm and sunny, and at 86F we broke a record for heat yesterday. We all enjoyed it, though. I took Calvin with me to get a new hammock for our backyard, and we read books in it for a while.

***

Today was a cross-training day. I went to the gym and did 40 min on the elliptical and then did core work with Lisa. After taking the kids to school and getting ready for work, I biked to work, which is another good 25 min of cardio. It's only a bit over 3 miles (5K) to work, but it's a serious uphill climb of 600ft (180m). My muscles are still sore today, though not too bad.

Here's an interesting article from the Salt Lake Tribune on commuting by bike to the University of Utah, which I do when the weather is nice. I'm definitely a fair-weather cyclist! If it's too cold or rainy, forget it.

***

The official race photos are up. Mine are pretty good, though I most likely won't buy them.

Edited to add: I placed 115/375 in my age group vs. runners. Not too shabby!

No comments: