Monday, April 02, 2012

catching up

Saturday in NYC I did a hour on the elliptical in the morning before we headed out for a day's worth of activities. We walked around the city a lot, went to the UN but got there too late to do the audio tour, went to Lindt Chocolates (mmmmm), ate lunch, and then pretty soon it was time to leave :(. We had wanted to rent bikes and ride around Central Park, but it was too rainy and cold (misting, and about 40F).

***

Sunday I took a rest day, from exercise anyway. The rest of the day was busy. After getting in late from the NYC trip, I still managed to play our Palm Sunday service, make dessert for our college ministry, teach 2 piano lessons, and make dinner for the family. Whew.

***

Today I tried to get up early enough to get some good x-training in, but failed. I did manage 30 min on the elliptical, and I plan to try to get some more in later somehow. I am taking the kids to practice figure skating this afternoon as well, though that's not much cardio unless I'm skating fast around the rink, which I don't usually do as I'm often trying to practice turns or elements I need to know to pass this level.

I'm glad this is an easy week for racewalking. I do have a couple speed workouts, one of which I'll do tomorrow, but they are short. Saturday will begin three hard weeks of training again; I'll probably do 20K this Saturday and then we'll likely up that. I do have a half marathon planned for the 21st (SLC half; should be fun!).

No comments: