Wednesday, April 04, 2012

10K

My legs were quite sore this morning from the fast speed work yesterday, and they were pretty tired. I figured I'd have a lousy walk, but I knew that didn't matter - I just had to get out and do it.

By the way, I looked up my 800s and the 4:09 that I did yesterday is definitely my fastest ever, along with the 0:55 200m. No wonder my legs are sore!

The weather was great this morning; 45F (7C) and calm. It's been windy a lot lately, so it was nice to have a wind-free workout. It's supposed to get up to 70F here today :) but the wind is coming back this afternoon, or so they say. Tomorrow morning is predicted to be 42F and breezy for my 5K fartlek on the track, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

It was still dark when I headed out at 6 am; I was trying to get to the gym at 7 to meet Lisa. I did get there and do weights with her, but I was about 15 min late. Ah, I digress again.

I started off and felt so very sore. Yet surprisingly, I wasn't slow. I got to 5K in just under 31 min, and though my legs were tired and sore, I was pleased with that. I worked a bit harder on the last 5K, which is a slight uphill, and made it back in 1:02:09 for 6:13/km with ave HR 148. That's pretty fast for being sore and tired! I'll take it! Now my legs are even more sore...5K fartlek tomorrow could be interesting. Or maybe I'll recover well and it will be good.

Plus 3 data here (Garmin website is down...grrrrr).

***

I hopped in my car and drove to the gym and got in some good weight training. Not as many sets as I wanted, but good nonetheless. I did bench press (only 25 lb dumbbells on each arm...sigh...out of shape!), abductor machine/elastic bands (alternating), hamstring curls, lat pull-down (70 lb - my usual weight for this, so didn't lose much there), plank (90 sec), ball crunches front and each side, ball passes from feet to hands, and some light stretching. Hopefully Friday I'll get in a few more.

No comments: