Thursday, January 19, 2012

a little better

I'm feeling a bit better. I'm definitely still under the weather but it's not too bad. Whew.

My legs felt shaky this morning but I figured a good walk couldn't hurt. That was partly true. I felt great until 6K, and then it did start to hurt a bit. My legs got tired...more from being sick than from anything else I suspect. My heart rate was uncharacteristically high during the workout this morning (like mid to high 150s) even though I didn't feel I was working that hard. I even stopped at one point and took my pulse manually because I didn't believe the HR monitor, but it was right on. Anyway, I made it through to 10K just fine, though a bit slower than usual with higher HR (ave 155). My Garmin messed up the first 500m somehow (didn't beep it until about 600m on my route!) so I stopped at 9.9k and calculated everything from there. My average pace was 6:20/km and total time was 1:03:18.

No comments: