Wednesday, January 18, 2012

catching up

I haven't been blogging...sorry!

Saturday: 45 min elliptical

Sunday: Sooooo nice and warm outside (for January!) at 38F (3C) in the morning. I went out sans fleece and just in tights and a long-sleeved shirt. I did a hilly 8.5K at a 6:19/km pace and felt great. Awesome. I'm recovering well, I think.

Monday: 45 min on the elliptical, and an hour of figure skating practice.

Tuesday: slept a bit late - didn't feel great - so no elliptical, but I did go to my figure skating lesson in the evening and learned some new things: forward edges (inside and out) on S-curves, backward edges on a circle, backward snowplow stops, and more mohawk practice.

Today: I'm not feeling well this morning. Cough, sore throat, and malaise. After making the kids' lunches, I was tired enough that I needed to lie down. I'm skipping the gym. If I feel better later I'll try to skate w/the kids and/or get in some treadmill at home. If not, well, a rest day might be in order. At least I got this AFTER the 50K!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

You too? My friend in Vermont (ultra runner) and I have that; I coughed my head off last night; it started with sniffles and a scratchy throat and developed into a full blown cough that sometimes wakes me up at night. I don't feel THAT bad, just as if my head was pumped full of gunk.