Thursday, January 12, 2012

8K

I racewalked today! I felt like I could manage at least 6-10K, and went out toward Liberty Park, playing it by ear as to the distance. It was only 16F (-9C) this morning, but there was no snow and it was not windy, so not too bad for January.

I felt pretty good, considering. My right shin is still a bit sore, and I know why it was bothering me during the race --- I am getting in that bad old habit of bringing my knee and hip through too high on that side. I had to work today to keep it low so it wouldn't bother me too much. My glutes are still a little tired, too, but other than that I felt pretty good.

I took it nice and easy, and finished 7.93K in 50:28 for 6:23/km with ave HR 143. Kinda slow, but that's not surprising. I'm going to take another day or 2 off and walk again on the weekend.

Garmin connect data here.

***

Figure skating - I had lessons on Tuesday, and last night (Wednesday night), the kids and Loren and I all went skating to practice. The rink was really crowded and it was challenging to practice, but I just did what I could. We had a pretty good time anyway! I worked on my backward crossovers, mohawks (these are hard and I'm not getting them at all yet!), and progressives.

No comments: