Monday, January 09, 2012

aftermath

Sunday: rest day...travel day...arrived home around noon. Definitely fairly stiff and starting to get sore, but it just feels good somehow :). My 2nd toe on my right foot had a large blister, and the toenail is quite bruised. I might lose it. Oh, I guess it wasn't a TOTAL rest day, as I took a little hike (about 40 minutes) with my mom, nice and easy. It helped me stay loose. The weather was quite cold and there is still snow from the snowstorm on Saturday (which I'm happy to say I missed!). Welcome back to winter...




Monday: Woke up stiff and quite sore, especially in the arms. My legs are sore too, mostly in glutes, hammies, and adductors, though also in the right shin and calf. Toward the end of the race my right shin (the one I injured in the spring) was really feeling it, but it's apparently OK despite the abuse. I think it's a technique thing - I'm still overstriding a smidge w/my right leg and bringing my right knee and hip through a bit too high. I will have to work on that. Anyway, I decided that a little bit of elliptical this morning would loosen things up, so I did 6.4 miles on the elliptical in 45 min, and then did some core work with Lisa and then some stretching. It all felt great, actually, and I would say that my soreness is relatively minor. It feels like I just had a pretty good total-body weightlifting session.

The bee sting is actually more noticeable than the muscle soreness. I took this photo this morning, and if anything it's more swollen now; it's itchy too.

No comments: