Saturday, January 28, 2012

almost 10K

I felt good this morning and was in the mood for a walk, and the weather cooperated. Sure, it was cold (21F, -6C), but it wasn't windy or snowing so I knew I'd be comfortable. If you dress warmly and in layers it's no big deal to walk in the cold, especially for a shorter walk.

I planned on 10K, but I ended up doing 9.8km and that was fine. I felt good and fast for the first 5km and then my lack of racewalking since the 50K caught up with me; I was doing about a 6:09/km pace until then, and then I had to slow down a little. I finished with a 6:20/km pace, which is still decent, so I was happy with that.

I'm thinking I'll walk 12K tomorrow, as the weather is still supposed to be good. I'll have to take it nice & easy, but it's just good to be out walking again and feeling decent.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: