Wednesday, August 18, 2010

some cross-training

Today I was to do some cross-training. I managed 30 min on the elliptical and then did some weights, but not much because I got up late and got to the gym late. I did do a good set of abs with Lisa, though. I also went out and bought a 65-cm exercise ball so that my coach can torture me with more exercises. I plan to do some bridges on it this afternoon. I'm still a bit sore from Monday's glute workout from "Unbeatable Buttocks" but that's to be expected, since I didn't do any sort of weight training for a couple weeks while on vacation.

***

Today's been busy otherwise. I heard about some free apricots that are ripe for the picking on someone's tree (work colleague) and she said I could go pick as many as I wanted, so I took the kids and did just that. Now I need to make some jam and can it, as some of them are quite ripe, even a bit mushy, which is fine for jam. There are plenty of good ones for eating, too :).

A bit of housecleaning is in order as well, as I'm still trying to get back into the post-vacation routine. OK, with all this stuff to do I've got to stop blogging now! I know I owe all of you a few more sets of photos from our trip (Zion National Park photos await!) but just can't do it right now. Maybe tonight?

No comments: