Friday, August 27, 2010

10K

I switched around the schedule a little because I'm going to cross-train tomorrow. So today, I did 10K instead. My hamstrings were definitely a little sore, whether from racewalking or from the bridges on the exercise ball on Wednesday, I'm not sure. But I still was able to do a decent 10K; I slowed on the last 3K (tired, and uphill) but pulled out a 1:04:35 for 6:27/km. Garmin data here.

It was warm and muggy this morning (for here). 73F, and the humidity caused some chafing under my left arm. Annoying, but not a big deal. Hmmm, the slowing at the end could also have been in part due to the heat. I did splash water on myself at the fountain at Liberty Park, which helped some.

***

Despite the fact that I was tired after this workout, I went and did weight training afterward. I did ball push-ups, one legged squats, leg extensions, lat pull-downs, calf raises, lateral raises/front raises (raised weights on side and brought to center or reverse), tricep skull-crushers, and hip exercises on exercise ball (the hard ones my coach told me about). Then abs/core: oblique crunches on ball, back extensions on ball, 90 sec plank, ball passes (for lower abs), and hip-ups (also for lower abs). Whew. Stretching felt great afterward.

No comments: