Wednesday, August 25, 2010

optional day

I do weight training on Wednesdays with Lisa, so I knew I'd at least do that much, but figured that would be it for today. Instead, my parents' dog woke me, whining, at 5:45.

Loren: "I think the dog has to go out."
Me: "Did you let the dogs out last night before bed?"
Loren: "She wouldn't go."

Arrrrgh! Of course there was no going back to sleep. So I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 30 min and then did my weight training. I did bridges on the swiss ball, cable crossovers (for chest), upright row (back/trapezoids), hip flexion on machine (works not only the hip flexors but glutes too), some other stuff which I don't remember (gee, such good records I keep), and abs with Lisa. We did planks again for 90 sec, as we are building back up to at least 2 min like we did before vacations hit us.

Tomorrow I have another hard workout on tap; 12 km with some faster segments. First time I've done this workout so I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile, today I plan on taking the kids to the park for a bit.

No comments: