Monday, August 23, 2010

8K

8K was on the docket for today. It was pretty uneventful; though my hamstrings were a little tight and a little sore (only a little! yay!), I was speedy and finished it in 50:48, for 6:21/km, with ave HR just 139 (though I did have to stop for a couple stoplights).

I focused again on using my glutes and standing up straight. I hope it helped, though I'm not sure. I wonder if I'm doing it right, since my hamstrings are still a bit sore. It will probably take a while to get this fixed, so I'll just proceed and hope that I'm doing the right thing.

Garmin connect data here.

***

After the 8K I went to the gym and did a very good, hard weight training workout. I did single-leg squats, leg press, abductors, and calf raises for legs, and bench press, row, military press, bicep curls, and tricep pull-downs for upper body. For abs, Lisa and I did planks (1:30 - working back up to 2:00), curls on the ball, "hip-ups" for lower abs, russian twists with 8 lb medicine ball for obliques, and toe touchers w/medicine ball for upper abs. A good workout.

No comments: