Saturday, August 28, 2010

behaving myself

I was a good girl this morning, and rode my bike with my friend Sarah on her 14-miler. I would rather have racewalked along w/her, but my coach said that wasn't on the agenda (yet). Soon enough. At least I could bike with her, and so I did. My rear end got sore despite biking shorts, and I got antsy, and this was supposed to be cross-training (yet my HR doesn't get high biking w/a runner!), so I decided to run a little with her. Pushing my bike. Yeah, that probably looked dumb, but it was fun, and good x-training. I did 30 minutes of 4:1 run:walk with her, and then resumed biking again (sigh...it was more fun to run!).

She did a fabulous job on her longest distance yet, covering it in 2:36! Way to go, Sarah! She didn't even look tired at the end. I bet she could easily have done another 3-4 miles.

***

I have some rare time at home alone, because Loren took the kids on a bike ride. Ahhhhh...so nice. I'm canning some grape jelly, because we had a ton of grapes and there's no way we're going to eat them all. I've never made jelly before; jelly is made from fruit juice, whereas jam is made from the whole fruit. Our grapes are green, so I did add some food coloring to make the jelly purple. It looked too weird otherwise.

***

I put this on Facebook too, but this was the bargain dress of the year: $6, plus $2.75 shipping from my friend Hilary in Kentucky. She is a genius shopper. I swear this dress was made for me, and the bonus? It's 100% polyester so no wrinkles even after shipping cross-country.

No comments: