Thursday, August 20, 2009

slight change of plans

Up late last night and had trouble getting up... was supposed to do 8 at marathon pace w/1 mile w/u and 1 mile c/d for 10 total. So instead, I did 8.1 at 1/2 marathon pace :). It went well --- 81 minutes for the 8.1 for 10 min miles (about 6:13/km for 13 km). HR was about 147-150 most of the time; however, my Garmin was not charged (? I know I charged it? What's the deal?) so I wore an old HR monitor which doesn't calculate averages for the workout. I also had no idea how far I went until I got home... I just intended to be out for 1:20-1:30 or so and picked a flat route that worked for me.

OK, need to get to bed now because I'm still sleep deprived and have to be at weight training at 6:30 am. Will try to catch up a bit more on the blog this weekend. Still have those pics to post...

1 comment:

Nyle said...

6.13 is a great pace for 13km...well done. Its always hard when you are lacking in sleep. I am off to wellington in the morning for a 10km race. I need time infront of judges...fingers crossed tech is ok and I dont get any marks or DQ's.

Hope you find time to update your blog with photos and stories of your family. Its always interesting to read up about each of our other lives...lol