Thursday, August 13, 2009

another long day

Today was another long day. It was a good day, though.

First, my workout: Started at 5:40 am so I could get to work. I did a 1 mile warm-up, 7 miles at marathon pace, then 1 mile cool-down. I did the 7 miles at a 10:29/mile pace (6:31/km). Realistically, my MP might be more like 10:40, but I might as well shoot for the 10:30. It was a good hard workout; total time about 1 hr 36 min and change. Ave HR for the 7 MP miles was upper 140s-low 150s.

Good thing I did a long workout, because today we had Thai food at lunch to thank our summer students for their good work. We have a 2nd year med student and an undergraduate student helping us out in the lab, and they have been doing a great job. The weird thing to me is that I am 20 years older than our undergrad student. She was born in 1990, when I was in college, and the first year I worked in a lab. I have to say this makes me feel old. That, and the fact that I am starting to have to hold small print items farther away to read them. Reading glasses are not far off :(.

I ended up working until 6:35 pm tonight, about 1 hr longer than usual, because it took me longer than I thought to finish up embedding some zebrafish embryos in paraffin for sectioning. Probably should have done them next week, but once I started, I had to finish.

So, by the time I got home, it was quite late, and we ended up going out to dinner. Yeah, good thing I got in the long workout, huh? Still stayed within a reasonable number of points, though :).

I'm unwinding now & it feels good.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm not sure if I can respond on my blog, and if you will see it, so I'm commenting over here.

THANK YOU for the kind words. I really beat myself up sometimes.

Hopefully I will see you in Portland!

You are seriously so awesome!