Wednesday, August 05, 2009

quick post

It's been busy around here. I had to go to the dentist Tuesday, and got behind on the housework last week, so am trying to catch up. Plus I baked whole wheat bread from scratch on Monday (Yum!) and this morning I staked our tomatoes (have cages, but they are overflowing them!) and planted some more basil, since something ate the first plants I bought. Also taught 2 piano lessons this morning, and took the kids to a friend's house to go swimming this afternoon. Oh, and wrote the TNT team route for Saturday.

***

In workout news, I did a hard 6.5 mile workout on Tuesday. Was going to switch it to Friday to get more sleep, but then woke at 4 am w/nasty nightmare and couldn't sleep, so decided to just go do it. I warmed up for 2 miles easy, then tackled a very steep hill (~175 feet total in 0.3 miles). I did 9 repeats, though only one was all the way to the very top; 5 were halfway up or so, and the other 3 were about 3/4 of the way up. Then I cooled down easy on the way home. It was a pretty tough workout and my right piriformis was quite sore. I finally made a physical therapy appt, but my PT is out of town until the 18th. Drat. Still, at least I can get in. Of course, it's been feeling better today, since I made the appt. If it is better in 2 weeks I can cancel, but I doubt it will be since it's been bugging me for months.

This morning, I biked to my weight training class and back and did a good hard set of lifting. Hip machine, then hamstrings, chest machine, overhead press, push-ups on the ball, bicep curls, glutes w/pulley machine, and a difficult set of abs. It was good.

Tomorrow: 9 miles planned, 7 at marathon pace.

***

Now: clean up because our small group is meeting here tonight. Better go and get ready. Still wearing my swimsuit (w/a shirt over it) from this afternoon.

1 comment:

Nyle said...

wow, sounds like you had a very busy day. I take my hat off to you for getting and training in the dark. I wouldnt go anywhere alone where I live at night, so often my hubby would jog with me after work if it was going to get dark.

I hope your workout tomorrow goes well.