Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Finally!

Finally managed to get in the full 12x400m track workout. I wanted to do a couple 8x400m workouts first, to build up to it. Then last week I intended to do it, but just flaked. Today, I was bound and determined to do it. And guess what? It was pretty fun, and though it was hard, it wasn't as hard as I imagined.

I warmed up with 1600m acceleration and some flexibility drills. Then I got into the meat of the workout. I planned on 2:14/400m (5k pace) but ended up going a little faster, because I felt pretty good. Here are my times: 1) 2:12, 2) 2:11, 3) 2:13, 4) 2:16, 5) 2:10, 6) 2:12, 7) 2:13, 8) 2:11, 9) 2:12, 10) 2:11, 11) 2:12, 12) 2:08 (gave it my all!). I rested about 1 minute-1 min 15 sec in between each interval. Then 1600m in 12:19 to cool down.

My IT band bothered me just a little bit today; not too surprising given that I did a very hilly 20-miler on Sunday and that speed work was the last thing to come back after my injury. Today it wasn't bad enough to be stabbing pain or anything, just an ache that I noticed and did a little extra stretching for between 400s.

***

This morning my weight was 146.4 :) which is the lowest it's been since before Christmas. Yay! I have been really working hard on this the past few weeks. I have had to reduce the number of activity points I was eating by quite a bit, but it seems to be paying off. Of course on the days when I go long I eat most of them :). I am not sure why my metabolism has changed, and it stinks to have to eat less, but I am willing to do it so that I can be fast this summer and fall.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Richardson said...

Great workout!

Congrats on the weight loss. That's about where I am, but I'm a bit shorter than you are. Hmmmm

Hunca Munca said...

Yeah! for both the workout and the weight loss. Hope you're feeling pleased as punch. Cool that the IT band is under control. :-)

Harriet said...

> ~~

Just kidding. :-)

Good workout!

ollie

Tammy said...

Ollie - LOL. Thanks a LOT for your confidence in my form ;)

Other readers: FYI, > is the bent knee symbol and ~ is for lifting. Ollie's trying to tell me I have bad form ;).

malvs2walk said...

Ok, I would never call you out on your form... I am so sure it is better than my >
I'll never be fast enough to be accused of ~~!

Great workout, and great job on the weight loss!