Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Frustrated, but hanging in there

I had 2 really good food weeks and lost 1.2 lb each week, followed by 2 more good food weeks in which I gained 2.2 lb total. I am frustrated.

On the other hand, it *might* be water weight. My pants are fitting better, which is really a better sign than what the scale says.

Still, I was stupid enough to eat my frustration last night. I ate about 10 points just because I was mad/frustrated/tired. That was really dumb. You would think I would have this figured out by now, but y'know what? 4.5 years in, I'm still messing up. Life is messy & complicated, though.

Overall I've been doing very well. Let's face it: the good news is that I lost 100 lb and have kept it off for over 2.5 years now. And I am NOT gaining it back any time soon. I can do this, but there are hard days and hard times to get through, and there is still a lot to learn.

Right now the main problem is sleep, and I know it, and feel a bit powerless to do much about it. I need more sleep, but I also need more "me" time. How do I balance these? The sleep is very important for my training as well as my eating; I want to sleep more, and yet it's just hard to find the time.

No comments: