Thursday, June 18, 2009

lazyish Wednesday & Thursday

I normally go to weight training on Wednesdays, but felt like meeting the Wasatch Walkers at Liberty Park. I racewalked from my house to the park (12:30ish for the 2k) and then we went around the park a few times to measure the course for Saturday's 5K handicap race. We averaged what the Garmins said to figure the distance. My friends were doing run/walk intervals because a bunch of them are taking the Galloway class for the St. George Marathon this fall. I racewalked with their run intervals and then walked with them on the walk intervals. It was a nice, very easy pace at around 13:00/mile. Then I racewalked back to my house. Total about 6 miles.

***

I usually do a hard tempo workout on Thursdays, but today I skipped it because 1) I was feeling tired & sluggish, and 2) we have our 5K on Saturday and that plus 10 miles with TNT will be enough! A hard 5K is tempo enough for this week, I think. So I did Sugar House Park instead, and did the 3.7ish miles at a 10:20 pace. Pretty quick - I felt quite good (surprisingly!) after the 1st mile, so sped up as I went. The dogs were dragging by mile 3, which was pretty irritating, but I was able to coax them into getting home fast enough.

Tomorrow an easy walk + weights is in the plan.

No comments: