Tuesday, July 14, 2015

8K; cross-training

Yesterday: A nice fast-ish 8K. Was supposed to do that on Thursday this week, but my legs felt really good, so I just went with it. 8K in 50:34 for 6:19/km with ave HR 142. This is really good and makes me feel more optimistic. However, later in the day I was super tired; I have this feeling it's more work stress/home stress than the workout though. It's been a bit crazy here. Nothing bad, just busy. Garmin data here. 

Today: Woke not feeling right. Stressed and just feeling off, so decided to do the planned 5K fartlek tomorrow instead. I think I am learning to be more flexible with myself when I need to be; if nothing else, my illness is teaching me how to slow down when I have to. Unfortunately, life doesn't slow down for training. Not when you're a lab manager with 2 kids. So, I did a warm-up of 3 laps, wasn't feeling it (glutes a bit sore-ish?) and switched to elliptical instead, and rode my bike to work.

No comments: