Thursday, July 30, 2015

10K

Yesterday: Was to cross-train, but all I could do was give my friend Holly a RW lesson (fun! see video of her above - she got it really fast! The top video is the first one, then some more pointers, then the bottom video, in which she is moving better); no gym or hiking really possible as we had to drive home from Carson City, NV. I did get in about 5K nice and easy (about 8-9 min/km pace).

***

Today: 10K, at 6:15/km if possible. I was so tired after the trip home but it wasn't as hard as I thought to get up. I took Sugar with me and she was happy to be out; I think she missed RW. My legs did well through 7km and then they were definitely quite tired, but I kept up the pace enough to do 1:02:20 for 6:14/km with ave HR just 149. It was one of my usual 10K routes at home, mostly flat but a slight downhill on the first 2km and slight uphill on the last 2km with 34m total elevation gain. I did have to push myself a bit to keep that pace but it wasn't too hard until the end, when my HR was more like upper 150s to low 160s. The weather was lovely at about 61F (16.1C), calm, and clear. I love summer.

Sorry for the short post but work was quite busy on my first day back and I ate lunch during lab meeting. Our lab is moving to a new building on Monday so it's crazy trying to do experiments and pack stuff up.

Garmin data here.

No comments: