Wednesday, July 08, 2015

3K fartlek

I recovered well from the 10K yesterday. My legs felt a touch heavy on my warm-up today, but after a few laps I felt better and was ready to go.

I was at the indoor track again because the outdoor tracks are still out of commission, and I wanted the flat surface. So I did 10 laps = 2926.1m; 2 fast, 2 med, 2 fast, 2 med, 2 fast.

Total time was 17:14.6 which works out to 17:40.7 equivalent on the track. Not great, but not terrible either. About what I've been doing; maybe one of these days after I train more I'll be in better shape again? My HR recovered to 120 by 2 min afterward, which seems normal for this workout. Resting HR from my fitbit is still hovering at 54-55 which also seems normal; remember that that is not my lowest HR of the day but rather an average of the resting portions of my day with some fancy-schmancy algorithm they have developed. My actual lowest HR upon waking is still running mid-40s, which also seems normal.

My fast lap times converted to 500m were 2:50.5, 2:51.1, 2:51.3, and medium effort were 3:04.3 and 3:06.7. That all seems decent, I guess.

The next few days are going to be a bit crazy, as I'll be at the Society for Developmental Biology Conference up at Snowbird on and off for work. It should be interesting and I'm looking forward to some of the talks and posters, but it's going to be busy, and that I'm not looking forward to. I am already too busy! Oh well...life goes on. Now to stay relaxed in the busyness, if possible.

Garmin data here. 

I'm a bit sleepy/tired now - the speed work always takes a bit more out of me, even if it's short. I need to try to go to bed early if possible (hahahaha!). Otherwise, I feel fine. No weird soreness, no excessive fatigue.

No comments: