Thursday, May 23, 2013

5K fartlek

Yeah, I was supposed to do an 8K fartlek. I tried. Hard.

My warm-up felt OK but slow at 10:19 for 1600m. Then I started the fartlek. My legs were still quite tired from yesterday and just didn't respond. My ave HR for the workout was 158, but my times were really slow. Ugly slow. The total was 30:42, which is only 1 second faster than last week's deathly slow fartlek. I stopped because 1) my recovery dipped below 3:15 for 500m and my "fast" 500s for km 3, 4, and 5 were over 3:00, and 2) my piriformis started to hurt at a level 2 pushing level 3 of 10. I was done even though I didn't want to be.

Oh well. A bad workout a few times a week seems inevitable at this point, for whatever reason. Let's just hope my legs are better on Saturday for 18km.

Garmin data here. 


No comments: