Tuesday, February 21, 2012

tired 15K

Yeah, my legs were tired from yesterday. I'm glad I chatted with my coach last night, because he said it might happen and not to worry about it. Actually, I knew it might happen - I didn't need to ask him that! But it was just reassuring to know that - in his words - "it doesn't matter". Whew. That was a relief or I might have quit early, I was so slow!

My legs hurt by 5K, so I knew it was going to be tough. At 7.5K I stopped for 30 sec and stared at my watch in dismay. Then I decided that I was just happy that I could be out there; after all, my brother has plantar fasciitis and can't run, and other people I know are injured too. I'm healthy, and life is good, and I can exercise. That didn't make the workout hurt less, but it did make me feel better mentally. I'm just out of shape and the track workout took a lot out of me, even though it was a short one. I got to 10K in just under 1:05 (slow slow slow!) and it only got slower from there...the last 5K was 33-something for 1:38:24 total. Average HR was only 140, but that was because I couldn't push much with my legs hurting like that. Ouch! I'm OK with it, though. I figure there are going to be a few days like this building back up again.

Oh, and the weather was cooperative, at 33F (1C) and overcast, with a few snowflakes here and there. We're having snow showers on and off today. But the road was dry and fast, even if I was slow!

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: