Saturday, February 11, 2012

15K

I'm sooooo sleepy and tired so this will be quick --- I just finished cleaning up after a party for my kids. Whew. Lots of kids, lots of fun, lots of noise. I'm exhausted!

***

This morning I was to do 15K. It was pretty warm for February at 34F (2C), with only a slight breeze. It was a nice morning! I was glad to be out, and I felt good. I could tell after the first few km that this might be a good one, though I worried about my legs tiring. They didn't get tired until about 13K, which wasn't too bad, and even then I was able to keep my speed pretty consistent. Very consistent. 5K splits: 31:05, 30:58, 30:59 for 1:33:03 total (6:12/km or 9:59/mile) with ave HR 148. Obviously, I felt good. The 5K fartlek appears to have kicked me into gear. I felt smoother and stronger today than I have. I guess I just needed to get the muscles firing together on all cylinders.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: