Tuesday, February 14, 2012

15K

I set out for my 15K; it was 30F (-1C) and foggy. However, the roads were simply too slick, as it had snowed a couple inches yesterday and they were not adequately salted (small town...sigh...).

I went back in and did enough on the pretty nice hotel treadmill to make it to 7.3 miles (11.74km) but had to stop to get ready to go --- took me extra time to change clothes, hop on the treadmill, etc. In addition, my brother came in about 1 mile from when I stopped and said, "You're running" and I said, "No, I'm not" and started running...oops. I ran for only a short time and started walking again, but my IT band got annoyed enough that I had to stop. Grrr. We had to leave anyway so as not to be late.

Got to go...maybe will do the extra 2 miles tonight, maybe not. It's not for want of trying.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Tammy, right now, anything is "good enough". Don't force things.

Traveling is tough on injuries.

Nyle said...

Dont you just love brothers! lol