Saturday, February 25, 2012

20K

Yesterday: elliptical for 45 min and then some core exercises with Lisa.

***

Today: woke up feeling so-so, with a scratchy sore throat and a barking cough. But, I wanted to walk, and I figured I wasn't terribly fatigued so I should be able to do it. The first 5K went well but after that I was a bit slow; the sore throat was bad enough that I noticed it on my walk and kept drinking a little water to soothe it. Then I had some GI problems as well :( and fortunately was able to stop at restrooms in the park a few times. Add in a rather lengthy stop at 15K to discuss car problems with my husband on the phone, and the walk was quite interrupted.

Considering all the issues I had this morning, I still had a pretty good walk. I made it to 10K in about 1:02:15ish (that's from memory) and to 20K in 2:06:12, with average HR only 134 (I did stop a lot...that's just the way it was this morning...sorry coach, but at least I finished!). Average pace was 6:19/km. Like I said, it was enough today just to finish.

The rest of the day I felt rather lousy. I took a nap, and the sore throat and cough have been troublesome all day. I'm going to bed early tonight!

Garmin connect data here.

1 comment:

malvs2walk said...

hope you get over the sore throat soon!