Tuesday, February 07, 2012

slow 12K

I felt OK today, but I was slow. I figured I would be, so it wasn't surprising. My legs were tired after about 4K, but not horribly tired. Just tired enough that I was slow. Getting back into training after a layoff is usually this way...sigh...but I'm OK with it. I'm just glad that my coach is easing me back into things.

I did 12K this morning; it was 28F (-2C) which is relatively warm. However, it was windy. Quite windy. Not windy enough to mess up my performance until the last 2K when I was walking into the wind (the rest of the walk was not into the wind - mostly with it to the side), but windy enough to make it colder. The wind chill was supposedly 19F, and I'll buy that. I wasn't too cold in my fleece top and bottom over tights and a long-sleeved shirt, though.

Not much else to be said about this one. It's in the books now. Total 1:17:46 for 6:29/km with ave HR 139 (funny, I felt like I was working harder than that).

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: