Monday, February 06, 2012

10K - sluggish

Not an auspicious start to the new training cycle (I got my schedule from Jim and it started today), but on the other hand, I got out there and got it done.

Some background: the dog woke us at 3 am by vomiting. After that, I had several very nasty horrible nightmares. Sleep quality = poor. I overslept my alarm by 45 min so didn't make it to the gym after my walk to lift weights.

It was 24F (-4.5C) when I walked this morning, and calm and clear. I was going to say sunny, but the sun wasn't up yet.

I felt OK when I started, but I just was not fast at all this morning. I was sluggish. My legs are pretty tired now, too. I just felt "off" today, and I know that's normal and it happens, especially after sleeping the way I did (or didn't).

Total: 1:04:04 for the 10K, 6:24/km (slow!) and ave HR of 146.

Garmin connect data here.

***

Edited to add: yesterday was a rest day, though I did practice figure skating for an hour with the kids, and managed to fall and smack my knee while working on 2-foot spins. Oops. Fortunately it's just fine today.

No comments: