Monday, July 25, 2011

the week in workouts in Southern California

I took it really easy this last week while we were in Disneyland. We walked A LOT every day in the park, and I had some blisters (hahaha) despite wearing RW shoes! I'm sure it was because walking sloooowly and standing a lot is quite different from racewalking.

I ate a lot, didn't racewalk much, and yeah, gained some weight. But it was fun, and the weight will come off.

I did an easy 5.27K on Monday, in 32:46, ave HR 130, ave pace 6:13/km.

On Tuesday I rested, and then on Wednesday did 9.9K in 1:03:00 for 6:22/km, ave HR 140.

On Thursday I managed an easy 5.25K in 32:31, ave HR 137, ave pace 6:12/km.

Friday and Saturday were more rest days! Yeah, I took it REAL easy.

Sunday morning I met Lauri Berger in the park in Huntington Beach for a nice easy 5.34km. Lauri is a fellow RWer from Arizona, and she was at the 15K in Riverside (she did the 5K) in May. I got to the park a bit earlier than she did, and so I did 1.07km (one park loop) before she got there. This is the course that they use for the USATF Masters 20K championships in March each year. I was glad to check out the course, since I'd love to do that race. I was going to do it this year, but that didn't work out. Maybe next year. Anyway, Lauri and I first took pictures of our matching license plates, and then did a nice slow walk at about 7:30/km (she usually does 5K races in 33-34 min) and really enjoyed socializing. She told me all about how she accidentally met Deena Kastor in Mammoth Lakes a week or so ago - she was camping there and went for a short training walk up and down a residential street, and ran into Deena walking her very large dog. Quite a story.



After the walk, I drove back to the hotel, packed up the car, and we drove the 10.5 hrs back to Salt Lake, arriving at 10 pm (with the hour lost to time change...sigh...).

No comments: