Monday, June 14, 2010

Rest day

I am not going to exercise today. I need the rest.

I tried to sleep in, but was too anxious about all the cleaning, etc. I have to do before our houseguest arrives. We are hosting a pianist, Greg DeTurck, who is competing in the Gina Bachauer competition. I just painted the kitchen and so it was a total disaster this morning with stuff strewn everywhere and nothing in its place. The kitchen is mostly better now. However, the kids' rooms are junk heaps, the whole house needs a good vacuum, and everything is dusty & dirty. Ugh!

I spent all morning at the grocery store and Costco, and tweaked my back a little lifting the dog food that I got at Costco. I know, I know, lift from your legs. I was trying...but sometimes...well, it didn't work. I think it's OK though, just a tweak.

I'm exhausted from waking up early so I think to maximize my efficiency I'll take a 30-45 min nap so I have the energy to get everything done. Not much of a rest day, is it?

No comments: