Thursday, June 17, 2010

decent enough day at the track

Workout: 2x2k (4' rest), 3x800/200 (3' rest after each; 30" between 800 & 200). This is a toughie - hard to generate leg speed after the 2k intervals.

Weather: Very chilly at 40F (4C) and a biting wind. It did warm up to about 49F by the time I was done, and the sun peeked over the mountains by the time I finished the 2k intervals, which made it more tolerable. Had to wear gloves, long-sleeve shirt, and long tights. Brrrr! At least it didn't rain. The track was wet from the thunderstorm last night, though. The weather looks to be clear and warming up a bit for the next few days, which is nice.

Quick recap (only have a few min to write): The 2Ks went very well at 11:41 and 11:42. I was pleased. I felt really good during them and felt like I could have done more. The 800/200s...well, after the pre-fatiguing of the 2Ks, they were slow. My legs felt like I was racewalking in sand or mud. I did them in 4:38/1:02, 4:40/1:02, and 4:38/1:02. Not fast, not pretty, but I was out there and did the workout. Payoff will come later.

Of note: Very sore upper back from sleeping on it funny, kind of like when you get the kink in your neck, but in my upper back. Hurts when I turn too far L or R. I thought it might bug me while RW but it didn't really. Hopefully it will go away by tomorrow. Also, my right calf is spasming a little bit & twitching. It was doing this yesterday, too. Annoying, but not painful at all and didn't seem to affect my workout.

Garmin connect link here.

No comments: