Wednesday, June 02, 2010

12K

Today I was to do 12K "easy" (hahaha), at 6:30/km (10:30ish/mile). That's not really THAT easy for me; more like easy-moderate. This was complicated by the fact that 1) my legs are tired, and 2) I chose my favorite route, which is pretty hilly for the first 6K.

For the first 6K (the hilly part), I did 39:18 (about 6:33/km). My legs were pretty tired, but I figured I could be reasonably close to 6:30 for the rest (the flatter part; not totally flat, as it's a gradual downhill and then gradual uphill, but much flatter). I finished the second 6K in 39:37 (6:36/km) for an average pace of 6:35/km. Given the route, I figure that's pretty good. Garmin connect informs me that I did 120m up and 120m down in this nice loop course. Average HR was 146, so yes, I was working a little bit for sure. It FELT harder than that, but again, my legs are tired.

I'm still getting used to this new, harder schedule. Three hard workouts plus a long day and one "easy" (hahaha) day is more intense than I've previously done. It's good, but my body is not used to the workload yet and I think it's just going to take a little time. My times might be slower for a little while, but hopefully it will pay big dividends in the long run.

No comments: