Saturday, June 26, 2010

Biking on Wasatch Boulevard

Today was a cross-training day. Views like this were the norm this morning on my ride. It was totally gorgeous out there. From Wasatch Boulevard, high up on the bench, you can see the whole valley stretched out beneath you. Yes, first I had to bike UP there, but it was worth it. After about 4km of relatively hard uphill, I enjoyed the rolling hills of Wasatch Blvd for another 11km or so before turning around. I took it pretty easy, though - ave 21.2 km/h; 30.61 km; 1:26:35 total time. It was SO enjoyable. I would have stayed out longer except that I didn't want to trash my legs for tomorrow's 15km.

I made it all the way to the golf course by 6200 South before turning around. Sometime I'm going to bike all the way to my parents' house in Sandy (they're at about 10000 South), I think...that might be fun!

Workout details here.

Now I'm going to spend some time listening to the last day of the Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition, assuming Loren will watch the kids for me. I think he might :). Tonight I will take Greg over there to hear the last few pianists and the jury announcement of the finalists. I truly hope he is one of them.

2 comments:

crazedc said...

Hi Tammy! I will also be at the Bachauer tonight, as I work for the Competition. Are you hosting Greg DeTurck? If so, you should pick up a Deseret News today, there's an article about him!

Tammy said...

Hi Bryce - wow, funny you should be reading my blog...how random! I occasionally write about music stuff, but not often. Thanks for the heads-up on the D News article - I get the Trib so would not have known.