Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a glimpse of the "old" Tammy?

Today's workout was fantastic. It's weird how you can really suck on Sunday and then go on to have such a great workout on Tuesday. I'm not complaining, though!

Weather: 57F (14C), calm, and sunny. Gorgeous morning - absolutely PERFECT weather. If I could choose race weather, this would be it. Seriously! I wore shorts and a T-shirt and was neither too hot nor too cold.

Workout: 8K fartlek, alternating hard/medium: 500m/500m, 1K/1K, 2K/1K, 1K/500m, 500m.

I warmed up for 1.67K downhill in 10:36. I didn't push much but did a few strides at the end. Then I did some dynamic flexibility drills. I felt decent; muscles weren't sore at all though my back was still a little tweaked from the bad lifting yesterday (mostly better though). I decided to do the same exact course as on last Thursday since it was the same workout.

I felt smooth and good today. I felt like I was getting a little more length out of each stride, and using my glutes a bit more. My form felt like I imagined it felt last summer & fall before my layoff. It felt good! I felt a bit like the "old" pre-injury Tammy.

My fast segments were a little faster than Thursday, though not spectacularly so. But my recoveries were MUCH better than last Thursday, so my time was almost a MINUTE faster!!! Total time: 48:49 (fastest ever by 51 sec!), ave HR 160.

OH, and I hit the 5K mark at 29:53 or so...wow!!!

Splits: 2:47 500m, 3:05 (fast recovery!) 500m, 5:50 1K, 6:23 1K, 5:55 + 5:52 = 11:47 2K, 6:41 1K, 5:50 1K*, 3:23 500m, 2:59 500m. *I pushed the lap button 0.04km late by accident, so this interval is a few seconds longer and the previous recovery a few seconds shorter.

Awesome. That's all I'm going to say :).

No comments: