Sunday, October 25, 2009

sickish

Well, this is not going to be a week for the record books. I missed 3 workouts (Tues - planned rest; Thursday - lack of sleep/sick kids/weird work hours; Sunday - sick myself). I ate a lot; Ghirardelli chocolate from San Francisco, seafood buffet at Zermatt on Friday, and other miscellany. But the lesson from this is that one bad week doesn't ruin everything. I will get back in the swing of things because it honestly feels crappy to be eating badly and not exercising much.

And yes, today, I feel sick. I slept until 7:45 am. I cannot remember the last time I slept that late. It just doesn't happen unless I'm sick. I did manage (after wasting enormous amounts of time on FB this morning) to drag my sorry butt over to work to fix my fish at 48 hr. Had to take the kids along, because we kept them out of church due to their fevers yesterday. Normally I'd have taken them to church because they seem fine this morning, but with the H1N1 thing I'm just being more cautious to avoid infecting anyone else.

The kids enjoyed looking at the zebrafish embryos and also seeing the fish in the larger fish room. Calvin was quite taken with the 72 hr embryos; you can see the heart pumping blood through the fish, and he said, "Mommy look at the blood vessels!".

Anyway, I'm not feeling great. No fever, but extreme fatigue and a sore throat. Perhaps the kids have just had a cold, not H1N1, and they gave it to me? I don't know, but whatever it is sucks. Normally I'd work out with just fatigue and sore throat, but this fatigue is pretty severe, and honestly, the stationary bike is not so fun under the best of circumstances, so an excuse to rest is not hard to find. I miss racewalking. 1 week down, 7 to go...

No comments: