Thursday, October 15, 2009

San Francisco, here I come!

Packing for my trip to SF. Leaving tomorrow morning early to fly into Oakland with the team. We'll stay through Monday morning; the race is Sunday morning.

Weather --- patchy fog, low 55, high 66 forecast for race day. Sounds good. I'll have to dress warmly, though, because I'll be with the walkers for a while I'm sure, and I don't want to get too cold at the end of the race. I'll definitely check a gear bag with some warm stuff :).

***

exercise this morning: 30' stationary bike, 30' elliptical trainer. I discovered that I can READ while I do both of them! I thought reading on the bike might be possible, but figured I'd bounce too much on the elliptical. Not so! I finished a book this morning :) and look forward to much more reading during my enforced break from racewalking.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Tammy, thanks for the good words on the Nike Full Marathon course. It was fun to have someone tell me they actually read my brain drizzles on WalkingTom.blogspot.com. Especially fun when it's a TNT coach after a tough section of the course.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the break from racewalking. Try lots of new things...you never know, you might find other activities that you develop a passion for. Remember how much fun you had snowshoeing last year?