Saturday, October 10, 2009

healing the foot

So, I have been good to my foot this week: exercise has been 1) stationary biking, 2) weight training, 3) elliptical trainer. I e-mailed my doc and she said all that stuff was just fine. She also said to take 2 months off from RW :(. Sad me :( but I plan to do it, after Nike Women's Marathon is over next week (I have to coach it, which will involve a lot of miles most likely). Oh, yeah, I did do 7.4 this morning with the team, but that was the first I'd RW all week, and I needed to be out there with them - it was our last workout together before the race.

I can take off from next Monday (the 19th) through early December, as the team starts Saturday workouts then for spring marathons. Fortunately, I can go VERY easy then because we'll start with 3 miles and build up very gradually; spring is the longest TNT season. I can just do the few miles on Saturdays and do other stuff during the week, and then in mid-December start to add more RW on other days. This is going to be hard - I will miss RW a lot!, but it will be OK.

I will rest well and be really good to my foot. I want to be 100% by March for the 20K in Huntington Beach, CA, which will be my next race if they are still offering the $200 prize for first female Master's (40+). Yes, I'll be 40 about a week before the race, so that's my present to myself :).

2 comments:

Nyle said...

Two months will fly past. Think of how great it will be to be 100% healed rather than keep going and maybe end up not being able to R/W at all. How wonderful to have that goal and enter a masters event.

I just love masters, everyone is just so helpful freindly and fun.

Take the time to heal. We will all still follow your journey.

Steve said...

Hi Tammy, Congrats again your Portland Win!

Are you actually doing the Nike or coaching it? The weather has sucked lately. Hopefully it will be OK for Sundays race.
I'll actually be in San Jose all day tomorrow, but if Im feeling up to it, maybe we can hook up on Saturday sometime.
I'll email you tomorrow .I'm assuming you'll email access?

If I miss you, GOOD LUCK!!

PS...Several other bloggers I follow,are doing that race for the first time. They're all very excited! ( I think because of the Firemen ...lol