Saturday, October 10, 2009

non-racewalking stuff

miscellaneous stuff:

Had Calvin's 5th b-day party tonight at the Splash Zone. It was a ton of fun for the kids - they all seemed to be having a great time. I was busy keeping things humming and trying to make sure everything happened smoothly. My feet were quite tired by the end, as I stood most of the time. Heck, forget just my feet being tired. My whole self is tired. Not enough sleep all week and too much excitement.

***

Got our car back from the shop yesterday. $3563 or something like that for backing into a concrete post :(. Ugh. I hadn't had an accident in 20 years, so I guess it could be worse, and at least we had collision. $1000 deductible though, and now my rates are sure to go up :(. Oh well. The car looks good now. I did lose my mudflap girl reading sticker that Sarah gave me for my b-day last year :( because it was on the rear window that imploded. I think I might have to get another one, along with a 26.2 sticker. I finally talked Loren into letting me put one on the car :).

***

Weight stuff: I haven't blogged about this in a while, probably because it's been going really well. After Portland-to-Coast I gained like 10 lb but as I suspected it was mostly water weight, and a few weeks later I had lost it and then some. Before the Portland Marathon I got down to 144, pretty much my lowest weight ever; I'd been down to 145 for a while, but never really to 144. I would like to be able to get to 140 and see how it affects my racing speed, but I just can't seem to be that disciplined. It's REALLY hard to get my weight much lower. My body fat was measured at 17% (in the Bod Pod) when I was 145 a couple summers ago, and that's pretty darn lean, so I think it's good enough :).

This week I've relaxed a little but still within maintenance points; I want to have a good weigh-in on Monday :). I expect to have my 10th month this year under my goal weight, and by doing so I will earn another Lifetime key, which I am really excited about! 10/14 is my 3rd anniversary at my goal weight, and Thanksgiving weekend is my 3rd anniversary at Lifetime. Happy me :)!

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Aw, sorry to hear about the demise of your reading-mudflap-girl sticker. Next chance I get, I'll get one for you and one for me! (since I never got one the first time!)